Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions
- YOUR PHYSICAL CONDITION: Prior to commencing as a Eight Weeks To Fit client, you must truthfully complete the Eight Weeks To Fit history questionnaire. You promise and represent on the date of the contract and repeat such warranty and representation each time you train that you are in good physical condition and that you know of no medical or other reason why you are not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise will not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort or physical condition. Eight Weeks To Fit staff and many contractors are not medically trained and are therefore not qualified to assess whether you are in good physical condition and/or that you can engage in active or passive exercise without detriment to your health, safety, comfort or physical condition. Eight Weeks To Fit strongly advise you to take expert advice prior to commencing any exercise program if you are in any doubt about your ability to engage in active or passive exercise. You shall not train with Eight Weeks To Fit group fitness whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst suffering from any physical ailment such as open cuts or sores or minor infections where there is a risk, however small, to other clients of 8 Weeks To Fit club suffering ill-health.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: In consideration of Eight Weeks To Fit accepting your application for membership and for you becoming and remaining a member, you agree that Eight Weeks To Fit shall not be liable for any death, personal injury or illness occurring at any training session or as a result of the use of facilities and/or equipment provided by Eight Weeks To Fit equipment except to the extent that such death, personal injury or illness arises from the gross negligence of Eight Weeks To Fit.
- MEMBERSHIP: Membership is for a minimum period of three (3) months and cannot be cancelled by you during this period except as outlined in clause 15. Thereafter the contract will continue to run on a week to week basis until cancelled by you in accordance with clause 11.
- EZY PAY FEE: On signing with or direct debit facility the fees are as follows once off customer setup fee of $1.41 if using a Bank, Building Societies, Credit Union there is a $1.13 fee on each transaction. Using Visa, MasterCard, and Bankcard is a 3.3990% charge on the total amount and 6.7870% for AMEX/Diners card. Please note that if the event of insufficient funds in your account and the payment fails you will be still be charge the ezy pay fee on your next scheduled debit. Your customer fee of $3 (including gst) will be paid quarterly from your existing bank or credit card account. In and effort to keep your contact and account information safe.
- PAYMENT OF FEES: Each client of Eight Weeks To Fit must ensure that fees for training sessions are paid in full to Eight Weeks To Fit within seven (7) days of the commencement of training. Where a client engages Eight Weeks To Fit for training sessions on weekdays commencing on a Monday and concluding on a Saturday, fees for these training sessions must be paid before the Saturday of each week. Should any accounts be outstanding after the period of seven (7) days from the commencement of training, Eight Weeks To Fit will impose an administrative fee not exceeding thirty percent (30%) of the normal weekly fee for recovery costs. Fees may be periodically increased by Eight Weeks To Fit on its discretion upon giving one (1) weeks’ notice in advance to clients via phone call and email. Cancellation fee of $150 is charge to all packages
- COOLING OFF PERIOD This agreement is subject to a 24hr cooling off period from the time this agreement is signed. The cooling off period starts from the time this agreement is signed and dated.
- TRAINING SESSIONS: Each client must have suitable training attire and must use their own towel and water bottle at each training session.
- MINIMUM AGE: Membership is limited to persons who are at least thirteen (13) years of age. If under the age of eighteen (18) years, a parent or guardian must complete the client’s Eight Weeks To Fit history and health questionnaire. If under the age of eighteen (18) years, Eight Weeks To Fit may specify certain programs, classes and activities where children may participate without adult supervision and which may be subject to additional fees due to any additional supervision requirements imposed on Sweat Factory club by law. NOTE: You must be at least sixteen (16) years of age to participate in weight-based group exercise or resistance training and it is highly recommended that a program is paid for to develop a suitable program for the individual under the age of eighteen (18) years.
- ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT For all account request, changes or statements required please email through to email@example.com
- TERMINATION AFTER MINIMUM TERM: You can terminate your membership after the minimum term of eight (8) weeks from the contract which is signed and dated by you, or from your first training session, whichever is the later date provided you give us fourteen (14) days’ notice of termination via email and phone call. The email needs to be sent to your trainer and the accounts department. Both of these departments MUST be emailed and given notice of termination. Please note that 14 days notice cannot be given on or during a stand down periods. On termination I Eight Weeks To Fit the ability and right to withdraw any funds which are owed or outstanding. These funds can be withdrawn from either your credit card or your bank account, and with or without notice. When giving (14) Days notice of termination from training with Eight Weeks To Fit club please note that your termination days will not include the following events stand down periods, public holidays, personal holidays, Business trips, injuries, sickness or any personal events which require the absence from training.
- MISSED SESSIONS: Any client who fails to attend for any scheduled personal training session without providing at least twenty-four (24) hours’ notice to their Personal Trainer, either personally or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or to another 8 Weeks To Fit club personal training coordinator must pay the full session fee for that particular training session that is missed at the conclusion of the week’s training. Any client who is unable to attend a personal training session and who provides at least twenty-four (24) hours’ prior notice of cancellation of that training session may be allocated another timeslot by 8 Weeks To Fit club at no extra cost but such rescheduling is in the absolute discretion of HIEN or a personal trainer who is available to attend the rescheduled training session.
- MAKE UP SESSIONS: If 24 hrs notice is not given to your Personal Trainer and were not able to make your appointed session. It is at your trainer’s discretion to award make up sessions or if possibly allocate a new time for your personal training session so you do not miss out on your training. All make up sessions must be made up in month commencing as all make up sessions will be void at the end of each month except for any required of the last week of every month which will roll over to the next month.
- STAYING UP TO DATE WITH OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS: As Eight Weeks To Fit grows from time to time changes will be made to our terms and condition. It is your responsibility to stay up to date with our terms and conditions via the Eight Weeks To Fit Website. Note that any changes will always be emailed out as well as being on the Eight Weeks To Fit club Website.
- CANCELLATION WITHIN MINIMUM TERM DUE TO ILLNESS OR RELOCATION: You can only cancel your membership prior to the expiry of the minimum term if you become subject to medical incapacity or if you relocate to an area not within thirty (30) kilometers of any Eight Weeks To Fit training areas. For cancellation due to medical incapacity or relocation, you will only be permitted to cancel your membership if you produce supporting documentation to the satisfaction of Eight Weeks To Fit (in the case of medical reasons, by a qualified medical practitioner certifying that you are permanently sick or incapacitated from undertaking any exercise regime and, in the case of relocation, by a real estate agent or similar agent certifying your relocation).
- CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY: Each client of Eight Weeks To Fit club understands that the business techniques and brochures distributed by personal trainers of Eight Weeks To Fit are confidential communications and all clients agree that such confidential information will not be misused to the detriment of Eight Weeks To Fit
- COMPLAINTS AND FEEDBACK: Eight Weeks To Fit sees both complaints and feedback as a gift. Eight Weeks To Fit will endeavour at all times to assist you with any concerns you may have. For any complaints or feedback on Eight Weeks To Fit club and its Trainers please email email@example.com
- DEFINITIONS: In these Rules and Training Policy, Eight Weeks To Fit means HIEN and personal trainers trading as Eight Weeks To Fit ABN 78 240 593 514